Referee Instruction and Licensing
This is the place to find out about getting your referee license.
JLYSL clubs organize multiple training and certification clinics each year to provide our members with the opportunity to receive referee instruction and obtain their US Soccer Referee License. This satisfies one of the requirements for a team to participate in JLYSL leagues and programs.
Minimum License Requirement: Entry Level Referee (Grade 8)
Grade 8 referees are licensed to officiate any level youth match, from rec to comp. The class consists of 18 hours of training divided between online prep, classroom sessions, and a field training session. Once licensed, refs are assigned to matches of difficulty consistent with their experience level.
Currently scheduled classes are listed below. Please review the class schedule and click on the email link to send your request including the class date desired, your name, club affiliation, email address, mailing address, phone number and date of birth.
- Minimum age is 14 during first season of refereeing.
- Classes are taught by licensed CNRA instructors and hosted by Jack London clubs.
- Class is free for Jack London club members but there is a $50 referee registration fee paid to US Soccer if you pass the test
- Uniform must be purchased at the conclusion of the class at a cost of about $60.
- Some JLYSL clubs will reimburse uniform expense after you officiate five (5) games in your first season as referee.
- Questions? Click here to email request for class
2018 Referee Development Courses
All-referee In-Service Session: 2018 Rules Update and New Guidance From CNRA
Space limited to 80 people. No advance registration necessary. (Local limitado a 80 personas. No se necesita registrar en avance.)
Name: HARRISON POLLAK
Phone: (510) 407-6003
Cost: No cost (Sin costo)
Date (Fechas): Wed March 21 7:30pm - 9:00pm
LAKESHORE AVENUE BAPTIST CHURCH
3534 LAKESHORE AVE
2018 Referee Licensing Courses
Piedmont Soccer Club
24421 - 2018 Grade 8 Entry Level Referee Course (Curso de Entrada, Grado 8)
Cost: $55. Pay online. (Pago en linea)
Name: COLIN ZAK
Phone: (510) 329-3740 or (510) 482-8740
- Sat, Mar 31 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Sat, Mar 31 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Sun, Apr 1 9:00am - 12:00pm
PIEDMONT HIGH SCHOOL - RM 10
800 MAGNOLIA AVE
Other CNRA Referee Licensing Clinics
Additional clinics hosted by area clubs are open to JLYSL members as space permits. You can view the list of all clinics being offered in our area here: