Game Day Protocol
Before the Game
- arrive at least 30 minutes before the game
- dress professionally, tuck in shirt, pull up the socks etc.
- avoid wearing hats or sunglassess unless it is absolutely necessary
- inspect the field, nets, corner flags (write any anomalies in the game card)
- get game card, player passes from the coaches
- check in players
- absolutely NO jewelry: earrings, Livestrong bands, hard casts, etc.
- check players' equipments, shin guard, no baseball cleats
- make sure every player has a LAMINATED player pass (no pass, no play)
- pregame talk between Referee and Asst Referees (if you are lucky to have a team of
- remind AR to stay with second to last defender
- what is Center Referee expected Asst Referees to do, call fouls or not
- pregame talk to parent line persons
- only signal ball in and out; give direction if capable
- do not call offside
- call in captains
- visitor captain call the coin toss
- winner choose side of field, loser kick off in the first half
- Call fouls, avoid playing Advantages in younger age group because everyone expects
you to call foul.
- Have Fun
- monitor handshakes between teams
- shake hand with players and coaches
- fill out game card including the following information if applied
- yellow cards info; team, jersey #, name, cysa id, time, reason of yellow card
- red cards info; as above
- coaches and players behavior that you want the league to know
- License referees sign the game card (not parent line persons)
- Return player passes to coaches
- Fill out and mail Send Off Report within 24 hours if you gave out any red card. Depending on the game, check the Jack London website on where the report should be sent to.
- Enter the Game Report in MySoccerLeague
- Game Cards:
- For Jack London house league, keep the Game Card until end of season
- For District 4 games, give the game card to winning coach or home team in case of tie
- For CCSL and Norcal comp matches, give the CCSL or Norcal game report form to the Home Team who is responsible for entering the scores on the systems for those leagues.